RETURN TO UTRECHT HOME PAGE

HISTORICAL UTRECHT SITES

The Old Parsonage & Museum

The Dutch Reform Church

Captian Leo Pokrowsky Monument

Petrus Lafras Uys Monument

The Old Residency

The Uys House

The Rothman & Shaw Houses

The Town Hall

The "Landrost, Post - en Telegraafkantoor"

The Irrigation System

THE OLD PARSONAGE
The old Parsonage is the second parsonage of the Dutch Reform Church congregation of Utrecht and was built for Rev. and Mrs H. L. Neethling. It was taken into use on October 12th 1888.and now houses the Utrecht Museum. It was beautifully restored by the Municipality with generous financial assistance from the Province of KwaZulu Natal. It is also a National Monument.

The museum contains a number of displays depicting the history of the town and the styles of clothing and furniture of previous years.

In the grounds there is a monument to all the Foreigners who gave their lives fighting for the Republican cause during the Anglo Boer War of 1899 to 1902.


THE ENTRANCE

THE DOCTOR'S ROOM

THE DINING ROOM

THE LOUNGE

THE BEDROOM

THE KITCHEN

THE HISTORY ROOM

THE CHURCH HISTORY ROOM

TYPICAL BURGHERS

WALL OF REMEMBRANCE TO FORIEGNERS WHO FELL SUPPORTING THE BOER CAUSE


CLOTHING